Pronounced "You and I", UENI’s mission is to give small service-sector businesses access to the online customer base, which up until now, had only been captured by larger businesses who have the time, knowledge, and resources to build a professional online presence.
UENI achieves this by building businesses a search-engine optimised website, verifies the business on Google, and lists the business on high-traffic, trusted platforms and online maps, providing low-cost, easy solutions to help small businesses attract new customers online.
UENI is now looking to add to their finance team as the company rapidly grows after a successful fund raise. This role would suit candidates with 2-3 years of management accounting experience who are looking for the next “hands-on” challenge in their development as they will be exposed to varied responsibilities.
This is a full-time position, office hours are 9-6pm and UENI is based in a plush WeWork office in Hammersmith, with free gym and other office based perks.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
- Producing monthly management accounts and narratives
- Take ownership of accruals and prepayments
- Reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Preparing and review of quarterly VAT returns to be submitted to external accountants.
- Ensure sales are reported and processed weekly
- Review payment runs prepared by junior accountant
- Review and ensure accuracy of the entries of the junior accountant
- Produce weekly cash flow forecasts
- Mentor development of junior accountant
- Suggest improvements to processes and financial reports
- Assist with preparation of R&D Tax Credit claims
- Support the Finance Controller in ad-hoc projects including board and investor reports
- Keen attention to detail and desire to progress in role
- 2-3 years experience in a management accountant role
- A “hands-on” attitude as the work will be varied
- Prior experience of working in a start-up or rapid growth company advantageous
- Experience of managing people advantageous
- Experience in monthly subscription services preferable
- A strong team player with good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with speed and accuracy in a fast paced environment
- Inquisitive nature, keen to understand the business
- Strong Excel and communicative skills