Head of Operations
UENI is a "do-it-for-me" solution that sets us apart from DIY website builders and expensive digital agencies. We take an innovative approach to getting small businesses online by reducing the friction for a business owner to do so. UENI structures the data it collects from a business and creates a website for each business and listings on other high traffic platforms. We thus enable these businesses to complete online for the first time.
Today we are signing up 2000 businesses everyday and we operate in the UK, Spain, France, the USA, LATAM, India and we are growing our global presence every month.
As Head of Operations you will oversee all initiatives around creating the customer website and other online and offline presence, across multiple platforms and formats to drive quality, engagement, retention, and positive customer behavior. Where we refer to ‘Content’, this refers to customer content within the UENI product.
The position collaborates with the departments of product, marketing, customer service, dev and human resources to help define both the content strategy and new content creation, the day to day operations of the content team and the reporting processes for the benefit of other departments.
This opportunity is targeting someone process-minded, highly literate, extremely ambitious and keen to take a lot of responsibility. We are moving fast and our content team is central to our continued successful growth.
Ultimately, your job is to work as an operations manager, leading the development of content initiatives to drive growth in the content offered to the various categories of business, the completeness and granularity of categorization and most importantly the daily management of content teams across multiple markets and locations.
- Ensuring all content is created according to the company plans of rapid expansion in new markets, consistent in terms of quality, efficiency, and optimized for search and localized user experience for all markets. This is to be done for each market and category.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the different markets and categories. Continuous involvement of strategy is a must amidst fast-paced growth in different languages.
- Developing a timeline for content creation across business categories, languages and markets, and defining the owners to handle the stages of content creation and quality control.
- Supervising content team, writers, quality control; to be an arbiter of best practices across the content team. .
- Developing standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, venue build, quality control, assistance to Customer Success dept, and adaptation to evolving needs based on UENI’s business strategy
- Integrating content activities within the product and marketing scope of work.
- Conducting tests to gauge content effectiveness. Gathering data and handle analytics (or supervise those who do) and make recommendations based on those results. Working with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Leveraging market and CS data to drive plans and adjustments in content team activities.
- Working with the product and technical teams to implement improvements of content team tools to ensure efficiency, cost reduction and daily productivity..
- Conducting periodic competitive audits.
- Ensuring consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization/translation strategies through appointed representative for each language.
- Leading the hiring and supervising of content team in all markets and roles.
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Operations or Business. Project Management or Marketing experience is a plus.
- At least 5 years of experience managing a team and staffing - Either deep experience in digital content creation (websites, social media, directories etc.) or in operations management / project management.
- Technically savvy and hands on: able to jump into company tools to manage processes, review content quality, and ensure that team productivity is adhering to business plan targets
- Multilingual abilities a major plus.
The HOC requires a combination of operation management and content management, with the most important aspect being to think “customer first”. In essence, the HOC is the creative and operation manager that must be empathetic toward the pain points of the customer whilst being able to deliver an efficient content creation strategy with the team.
Specific skills required include:
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English (or primary customer) language.
- The ability to lead and inspire teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve the company's stated goals and targets (eg growth in subscriber base, growth in paying customers, reduction in unit costs).
- Leadership skills required to define and manage a set of goals involving diverse contributors in various markets.
- Project management skills to manage venues creation and quality control schedules and deadline. Ability to work under pressure and in a dynamic environment..
- Skill at both long-form content creation and real-time (immediate) content creation.
- Business-minded and driven by data to improve processes, improve efficiency, and increase quality of content to better meet customer needs
- The ability to think like an educator, intuitively understanding what the customers need and how they want their businesses to be represented online.
- A passion for new technology tools (aka, using the tools you preach about) and previous experience in the usage of those tools.
- Excellent negotiator and mediator.
- Incredible people skills and a willingness to work with remote teams and colleagues around the world.
- Basic technical understanding of web publishing, editors, website builders, etc.
- A willingness to embrace change and to adapt strategies on the fly.
- Great reporting skills
- Committed to continually learning the latest platforms, technology tools and solutions through interaction with product department, in particular the CMS.