Head of Marketing
WHO ARE WE?
UENI helps small and very small enterprises to go online. Unlike typical do-it-yourself website builders, we are a “do it for me” solution. The simple website is free and hosted on our domain, but it is search-engine optimized and includes personalized, high-quality content. Businesses can upgrade their sites with additional services like domain names, email addresses, advanced SEO, logos, and since very recently a high-quality Ecommerce platform.
Beyond online tools, we also offer third party solutions that a small business might need to help them grow. This includes business bank accounts, point of sale terminals, SMS marketing, online ads, loans and more. In this way, UENI is the one-stop-shop for all the tools a small business needs to grow.
Today we are signing up 3,000 businesses every day and we operate in 10 - soon 11 - countries in Europe, North America, South America and Asia. We are growing our global presence every month. To date, UENI has raised $30m mainly from successful entrepreneurs and we are just getting started.
What YOU will do:
- You will drive the marketing team to achieve the business goals set for the marketing team (e.g. revenue targets and paid subscribers under management).
- You will manage the team which is based remotely (team members physically located in England, Wales, and Brazil with other locations to follow).
- You will create the processes required for the team to achieve these goals.
- You will manage the strategy, forecasting, budgeting and reporting for the marketing team.
- You will use data to drive your recommendations about investments in campaigns and acquisition channels including paid media: PPC, paid social and Google Ads.
- You will lead the team to identify new optimization tests and growth opportunities and areas for additional investment.
- You will provide guidance to members of the team on prioritization, creative decisions and campaign implementation. This means you will get stuck into problem solving and execution where required.
- You will contribute ideas to product development to improve ROI.
- You will represent the marketing department in the management team.
- Proven experience in a high-growth startup environment, where you meaningfully contributed to growth (and can speak about the specific things you did). In other words, you have been a successful growth marketer yourself.
- You have prior experience leading a marketing team (minimum 3 people).
- You are a planner, numbers-focused and have led a marketing team to achieve target ROI / ROAS, preferably for a SAAS product.
- You can adapt fast to changing circumstances.
- You have 5+ years experience executing all of the following activities:
- CRO / Landing Page Optimisation
- Monetization of a SaaS product
- Freemium business model
- Highly-personalized, mass volume direct marketing
- You are a driver for game-changing acquisition and growth. You move fast and you own the responsibility of delivering results
- You have experience with growth hacking tools - you use these tools to make yourself and the team more productive
- You are relentless for results and you have exceptional communication skills and high attention to detail
- You are hands on and embrace the responsibility of ideating, executing, reporting and iterating results
- You are a team player and take constructive criticism or other inputs well
- You know how to get the best out of your team
- You are a native/fluent English speaker with creative copywriting skills
- You have a feeling for international markets and ideally have experience working as a marketer in different markets, working with different languages and cultures