Head of Data & Analytics
Who are we?
Pronounced "You and I", UENI provides low-cost, easy solutions to help small businesses get online and grow their business. We are the one-stop-shop for all the tools a small business needs to grow.
How do we stand out?
1. UENI builds the website for the small business - we are NOT a do it yourself website builder. We ensure the small business gets online and doesn’t get stuck mid-way through the process.
2. We will build the business a website and a Google My Business page for FREE, there is no catch.
3. UENI combines technology and operational processes. Robots, meet humans.
4. The website is transactional from day 1 - the business can make sales and take bookings as soon as he receives his website.
5. UENI partners with companies that offer great tools built for small businesses. We curate everything from bank accounts, insurance and loans to marketing tools, accounting software, and point of sale devices to offer small businesses the best products at the best prices.
Why should you join us?
- We are growing. We've helped 600,000 small businesses globally...and we are just getting started
- We are partnered with Google and Facebook and have joined Facebook’s Ecommerce Accelerator programme
- We’ve raised $30m from Angel Investors
- You will be given responsibility from day 1
- We reward success with further responsibility and competitive compensation. We give you skin in the game!
- We are a serious team of international professionals that want to change the world
We are a very analytical business with five years of data to support our decisions. The Data team at UENI is responsible for the development of insights that drive decision making at a strategic and tactical level, and for the gathering, development, distribution and visualisation of data that help other teams at UENI take their own data-driven decisions.
As the Head of Data & Analytics, your role will focus on working across the entire business to improve the consistency of data and ensure its integrity; transform this information into actionable insights through easily accessible analysis tools and KPIs, and help the business increase revenues and profit through continuous use of data that helps optimise operations.
Your main responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Set up the extraction of data on a consistent basis from across UENI’s systems and enable this to be automatically available in real-time with no manual intervention.
- Ensure our data is clean of any errors or omissions and then conforming it so that there are no conflicts.
- Deliver the data in simple, actionable formats so that business units can use this to take actions. Build KPI suites and work with heads of departments to ensure they are relevant and understood.
- Work with technology and product teams, as required, to ensure data is normalised and easily accessible.
- Synthesize data to propose recommendations to all departments in order to drive decisions in the marketing and product teams.
- Present results, findings and recommendations to the Founders and rest of the Management team.
- Saas experience
- Previously in a “Head of” or Director role in a start-up or early-stage business
- Track record of driving change within a business through the provision of analysis and partnering with business unit heads to make informed decisions.
- Created a data warehouse and implemented a data reporting and visualisation tool. Then continued to improve and refine it.
- Interest in thinking critically about a business and its customers. Question the underlying reasons why things happen like they do and test hypotheses.
- Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical audiences and command an audience of senior colleagues.
- Experience identifying gaps in customer insights and using customer insights to drive decisions for marketing and product.
- Managed data analysts effectively, getting the best out of them with minimal staff turnover
- Experience across a broad range of tools including SQL, Google Analytics, and experience using predictive models.
Please note that this is a 100% remote, long-term contractor role.