Growth Marketer - Mexico
Who are we?
Pronounced "You and I", UENI provides low-cost, easy solutions to help small businesses get online and grow their business. We are the one-stop-shop for all the tools a small business needs to grow.
How do we stand out?
1. UENI builds the website for the small business - we are NOT a do it yourself website builder. We ensure the small business gets online and doesn’t get stuck mid-way through the process.
2. We will build the business a website and a Google My Business page for FREE, there is no catch.
3. UENI combines technology and operational processes. Robots, meet humans.
4. The website is transactional from day 1 - the business can make sales and take bookings as soon as he receives his website.
5. UENI partners with companies that offer great tools built for small businesses. We curate everything from bank accounts, insurance and loans to marketing tools, accounting software, and point of sale devices to offer small businesses the best products at the best prices.
Why should you join us?
- We are growing. We've helped 600,000 small businesses globally...and we are just getting started
- We are partnered with Google and Facebook and have joined Facebook’s Ecommerce Accelerator programme
- We’ve raised $30m from Angel Investors
- You will be given responsibility from day 1
- We reward success with further responsibility and competitive compensation. We give you skin in the game!
- We are a serious team of international professionals that want to change the world
What will you do?
- You will be responsible for the full funnel of customer acquisition, activation and upsell for Mexico. You will work with others in the team who will help you execute this, but you will have ultimate accountability for our commercial results in Mexico.
- You will work on short term campaigns and long term strategy, always with a focus on scalable customer acquisition and ROI for the Mexican market.
- You will identify the best channels for advertising campaigns in the relevant markets.
- You will create highly-targeted email-marketing, using all the segmentation tricks in the book.
- You will liaise with the paid media team to develop and localise online advertising campaigns on Facebook Ads, Google AdWords, Instagram, and other channels.
- You will drive growth in customer acquisition using social media and influencers.
- You will identify opportunities for UENI to build its brand in Mexico.
- You will write copy as needed for any number of marketing channels we use.
- You will drive results in the company using your creativity, thinking outside the box, and coming up with original solutions to everyday problems
- You will use data to drive your recommendations about investments in campaigns and acquisition channels.
- You will work autonomously to deliver results, but you will work collaboratively with other members of the team to drive common goals.
- You may work on further expansion to other Spanish Latam markets, but Mexico is the focus.
- You are a native Spanish speaker with a good level of English.
- Proven experience in a high-growth startup environment, where you meaningfully contributed to growth (and can speak about the specific things you did).
- Minimum 5+ years experience with digital marketing, including driving the messaging and creative approach to acquiring customers in the region. You should have direct experience with digital marketing in Mexico. You understand how to communicate with prospective customers in the Mexican market.
- You are commercially minded and have experience growing revenues, ideally in the Mexican market.
- You have managed other resources (internal and external) while actively executing digital marketing campaigns directly yourself.
- You are a driver for game-changing acquisition and growth. You move fast and you are responsible for delivering results without needing to be micromanaged.
- You are relentless for results - you are motivated by extremely ambitious targets and goals.
- You have creative copywriting skills and can create great ad copy.
- You have exceptional communication skills and high attention to detail.
- You are hands-on and embrace the responsibility of ideating, executing, reporting and iterating results.
- You are a team player and take constructive criticism or other inputs well.
- You have experience with growth hacking tools - you use these tools to make yourself and the team more productive.
- Highly desirable skills:
- Experience marketing to microbusinesses / small businesses in Mexico
- CRO / Landing Page Optimisation
- Monetization of a SaaS product, including freemium
- Highly-personalized, mass volume direct marketing
- Marketing automation - but you're not afraid to launch a manual process to test before implementing a tech solution