Who is UENI?
We help small and very small enterprises to go online. Unlike typical website builders such as Wix, we are a “do it for me” solution. SMEs fill out a short 5-6 points questionnaire in most cases on their mobile. Our content analysts build their website based on the SME’s input and complementary record public records. Most of our sign-ups come through Facebook ads.
The simple website is free and hosted on our domain, e.g. business.ueniweb.com domain for free. If they want their own domain, for example, www.john.com or get an email firstname.lastname@example.org they would have to pay for it. Beyond online tools, we also offer 3rd party solutions that a small business might need such as payment solutions, bank accounts, credit cards, bank loans, accounting software, etc. etc. One-stop shop, all the tools needed for small businesses to grow.
Today we are signing up 3,500 businesses every day and we operate in the UK, Spain, France, the USA, Mexico, India and we are growing our global presence every month. Our next country is Vietnam and we need your help!
We are looking for a candidate who has the ability to lead and a passion for applying a mixture of systems engineering and automation skills to build robust, scalable, highly-available cloud-based infrastructures to facilitate business success.
The primary responsibilities will be related to systems engineering and administration in a DevOps context driving site reliability and scalability strategies but will also involve wider DevOps duties. You will be working closely with development, quality assurance and support teams to ensure continuous delivery, provide expertise, handle technical escalations and develop tools and automate processes that improve operational efficiency.
- Empowering our R&D teams, engineers, and data scientists to work at scale.
- Designing and delivering systems engineering and site reliability strategy. Managing health/monitoring, growth, scalability, reliability, complexity, etc.
- Building high-availability/disaster failover/recovery infrastructures and procedures.
- Configuring, monitoring and administering Python services on containers.
- Managing high-availability of database systems (Mysql, Postgresql, elasticsearch, rabbitmq)
- Assisting dev/test/support teams, solving problems and automating common tasks
- Troubleshooting problems, performing triage and recommending resolutions.
- Developing, testing, improving tools, systems processes and documentation
- Performing regular essential maintenance tasks – patches/upgrades, rebuilding machine images, phasing in infrastructure-as-code/versioned-infrastructure.
- Research and development around increased cloud IaaS adoption (Kubernetes/Docker).
Strong Systems Engineering/Administration skills in a cloud environment, ideally GCP
- Production use of Kubernetes and Docker
- Expert-level Linux Operating Systems administration experience
- Strong skills in managing, deploying and scaling container-based services
- Production exposure to micro-services
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency in at least one administration/scripting language (Python, Go)
- Good administration, optimization skills in at least one Database/RDBMS system (MariaDB/MySQL, Postgresql)
- Familiarity with Redis, ElasticSearch, Postgresql
- Storage and content delivery infrastructure management (GCS/S3, CloudFront, CloudFlare, Caching)
- At least one shell/scripting language – for administration and scripting. (bash, posix shell, ksh)
- Good network design/engineering skills (TCP/IP, Routing, DNS, Firewalling)
Good communication skills
- Professional working proficiency in the English language
What we offer
- Work with brilliant people from 10+ nationalities who love what they do
- A chance to make your mark on a small company where your contribution will be noticed
- Career progression: personal development, autonomy, responsibility
- Competitive salary & generous equity options
- 24 days annual holiday
- Support for in-house and external training for professional development