Chief Financial Officer
We help small and very small enterprises to go online. Unlike typical do-it-yourself website builders like Wix, we are a “do it for me” solution. SMEs fill out a short 5-6 points questionnaire in most cases on their mobile. Through a combination of tech and human curation, we build the business a website based on the SME’s input and complementary record public records.
The simple website is free and hosted on our domain, but it is search-engine optimised and includes personalised, high quality content. Businesses can upgrade their sites with additional services like domain names, email addresses, advanced SEO, logos, and listings on high-traffic social media and map sites. Beyond online tools, we also offer third party solutions that a small business might need such as payment solutions, bank accounts, credit cards, bank loans, accounting software, or offline marketing. The tools presented to the business are based on the stated goals of the business and where they are in their life cycle (e.g. just starting out or a mature operation). In short, UENI is the one stop shop for all the tools small business needs to grow.
Today we are signing up 3,500 businesses every day and we operate in the UK, Spain, France, USA, Mexico, India, and Brazil and we are growing our global presence every month. To date, UENI has raised $30m mainly from successful entrepreneurs.
- Responsible for timely production of historical and forecast of weekly, monthly financial reporting and cash flow projections
- Quarterly and yearly company-wide budgeting
- Maintaining robust internal controls
- Monitoring, refining and tracking operational and financial KPIs across departments
- Providing financial and analytical support/challenge for and working with the wider executive team on key decisions across departments
- Management of working capital and treasury
- Investigating and driving grant applications for governmental or private grants and other subsidies (e.g. R&D tax credit)
- Leading tax filings and all required financial reporting, getting appropriate tax advice to mitigate potential risks
- Preparing regular investor reporting, both financial as well as narrative
- Preparing quarterly board pack. Secretary of the board (Minutes, notes, follow up with direct questions etc)
- Participating in preparation of fundraising documents (financial and legal), investor meetings
- Responsible for tracking of investor KYC and legal procedures for closing of investment rounds
- Answering and following up investor questions and any investment related concerns they might have (e.g. EIS)
- Organizing filing requirements surrounding investment scheme events, employee options pool
- You have 10+ years’ experience in financial control and management reporting
- You have startup or equivalent entrepreneurial experience meaning you are flexible to the fast pace of a startup and get the need for strong financial controls and investor reporting
- You have driven new processes and improved existing ones
- You are highly autonomous but a great team player
- You have strong quantitative skills and analytics experience
- You are a strong communicator